Working at Applied BioCode, Inc.
Here at Applied BioCode Inc., we value the diversity of culture and thought. We are looking for talented individuals to join us as we continue to remain a leader in this community and in our industry. We are dedicated to continuing what we believe to be an excellent employee relations program, where we strive to maintain good working conditions, competitive wages and benefits, open communications, and employee involvement. Nestled in the heart of beautiful Santa Fe Springs, California, we invite you to browse our current openings and consider a career with Applied BioCode, Inc.
Open positions are listed below.
Senior Software Test Engineer (V&V) – Medical Devices
Job Description/ Position Objective:
This Senior Software Test Engineer consultant position will conduct software testing for a highly-multiplexed diagnostic device. The individual would review requirements, plan, develop, execute, and maintain test cases and test automation tools for a FDA regulated medical technology involving both software and hardware.
The individual would be responsible for mapping design requirements into test protocols and execution of product testing against product requirements on time, with quality. Our ideal candidate is someone who is a highly experienced tester in medical device software/hardware technologies, has some exposure to test automation tools/scripts development, and is interested in an opportunity to be on the ground floor of new innovative medical technologies.
- Plan, develop, execute, and maintain test cases for the functionality under development
- Implement test harnesses and automated test cases to verify the functionality under development
- Develop and manage the test automation tools/scripts for the functionality under development
- Work with product management and software/hardware engineers to understand system requirements and thoroughly validate the developed solutions against the requirements
- Work with project management to meet the testing milestones and deliver the high quality solution on time
- Support production deployments and trouble-shooting of developed solutions
- Participate in the team's software development process
- Bachelors of Science degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
- A minimum of 3 years of medical device software/ hardware testing experience.
- Hands-on development, maintenance, and execution of verification and validation test cases
- Develop and maintain comprehensive test documentation and requirements-tests traceability
- Experience with verification and validation testing of FDA regulated medical device technologies
- Experience with manual testing of both software and hardware-embedded systems
- Hands-on manual testing, white-box, black-box, and regression testing
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- 3+ years of experience in software/ hardware testing
- Experience with robotic liquid handling, fluidics control, and image processing a plus
- Experience with C#, .Net, WPF, GUI and SQL in a MS Windows environment a plus
- Strong self-motivation and willingness to tackle challenging problems
- Ability to positively contribute in a team environment
- Self-directed with the ability to learn and adapt quickly
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. May be required to sit or stand for long periods of time while performing duties.
Senior Software Test Engineer (V&V) – Medical Devices candidates please email resumes to: career (at) apbiocode (dot) com
Bilingual Legal Affairs & Shareholders Records Coordinator
Job Description/ Position Objective:
The Bilingual (Mandarin Chinese & English) Legal Affairs & Shareholders Records Coordinator will play an integral role in the support of the Applied BioCode legal & equity functions by performing compliance, project management, and research and analysis functions, along with critical legal & accounting documentation and organizational tasks. The Coordinator's key areas of accountability include involvement in Shareholder Services, Board and Committee Affairs, Annual Meeting of Shareholders, Directors Remuneration Process, and Legal Affairs.
The assignments and responsibilities require impeccable discretion, judgment, confidentiality, and positive interaction with internal and external clients and vendors, both domestic and foreign. The candidate must have the ability to prioritize complex legal and equity issues and the ability to work with a team and independently.
- Manage key activities of the Board of Directors by ensuring effective preparation for, administration of, and follow up to all Board and Committee meetings
- Maintain minutes during meetings with Board of Directors, Shareholders and related meetings
- Implement internal control management policies & procedures for board meetings, shareholder meetings
- Review month-end reporting prepared by the Shareholder Services provider. Ensure a high level of accuracy is maintained at all times
- Coordinate logistical and other Annual Meeting arrangements as well as demonstrating a key role in the preparation of the Company's Management Proxy Circular and various aspects of the Company's Annual Report
- Maintain Shareholder Database with current and accurate information and ensure the integrity of the database and associated files including adhering to established corporate records management practices and schedules
- Ensure all Shareholder inquiries and communications are answered and documented in a timely manner
- Maintain log of Shareholder communications for reference and documentation
- Maintain Shareholder files and ensure that records are scanned, copied and properly filed in a timely manner
- Assist Management for supervision of Shareholder services & e-Trust accounts
- Prepare quarterly director remuneration for the Company's Board of Directors
- Maintain equity details
- Organize, maintain, and keep up to date company contracts
- Keep up to date on legal, rules, and laws governing the US and Taiwan
- Bachelor's degree in Law, Business, Accounting, Finance, Public Policy, or equivalent certification required
- Must be detail-oriented and an effective communicator including above average reading, writing, and proofreading skills in both English and Mandarin Chinese
- Knowledge of the Taiwan and US business and regulatory environment in which Applied BioCode offices operate
- 3+ years Accounting or Finance experience required
- 2+ years Legal Affairs experience required
- Efficient and proactive work habits, following through with assigned tasks
- Responsible for maintaining a high level of customer service when interacting with shareholders and any service provider that supports those activities
- Strong interpersonal skills, including working directly with members of the Board of Directors, senior executive officers and administrative support staff
- Must exercise discretion when dealing with confidential and sensitive matters
- Ability to adjust and adapt quickly to changing situations
- Strong time management skills with proven ability to meet deadlines
- Experience in biotechnology or the medical devices field a plus
Works in an office environment. May be required to sit or stand for long periods of time while performing duties. Availability to work occasional evenings and weekends.
Bilingual Legal Affairs & Shareholders Records Coordinator candidates please email resumes to: career (at) apbiocode (dot) com
Entry Level Shipping & Receiving Clerk
Job Description/ Position Objective:
This entry level position is responsible for shipping, receiving, and documenting items into inventory in a research laboratory and medical device manufacturing environment. A science background is not required, but familiarity with laboratory materials is a plus, and a willingness to learn is a must.
The Clerk will be trained to perform necessary duties to ensure the on time shipping and receiving of all projects. Job duties will require daily interaction with incoming and outgoing products and materials. The Clerk will receive daily deliveries, verify the delivery contents/items per shipping packing list, and complete the related documentation and data entry tasks in addition to aiding colleagues with the movement of their supplies. The Clerk will also be responsible for the timely shipment of domestic as well as international orders and other shipping needs like inter-company material transfers, sending out samples, and handling returns and exchanges with vendors.
- Receive, inspect, deliver, and document daily deliveries
- Prompt processing of critically time-sensitive frozen or refrigerated materials
- Check and double check sales products before shipment
- Generate articles such as a waybill, bill of lading, commercial invoice, packing list, and other shipping documents that may be required for shipments
- Coordinate large freight shipments for industry trade shows
- Maintain the safety and organization of materials in the warehouse and other areas as directed
- Performs additional duties as assigned including but not limited to moving and lifting tasks
- High school diploma required
- Solid oral and written communication skills; must speak, read, and write fluently in English
- Must have excellent documentation performance with keen attention to detail
- Ability to safely and effectively push carts, handle dollies, pallet jacks, hand trucks, and other related moving equipment a muste
- Willing-to-learn attitude a must
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, Outlook
- Familiarity with the medical device industry or biomedical industry a plus
Works in an office and warehouse environment. Must be able to move and/ or lift materials and supplies up to 80 lbs. assisted, 50 lbs. unassisted. May be required to sit or stand for long periods of time while performing duties.
Entry Level Shipping & Receiving Clerk candidates please email resumes to: career (at) apbiocode (dot) com
Job Description/ Position Objective:
Development and validation of PCR-based multiplex assays for FDA submission and clearance.
- Molecular Biology: real-time PCR, multiplex endpoint PCR, probe-based hybridization and detection
- Microbiology: bacteria cultures, handling BSL-II agents and clinical specimens for nucleic acid extraction
- Design, perform and evaluate experiments as instructed
- Determine and apply basic statistical techniques for data analysis
- Must maintain a laboratory note book according to GDP and be able to analyze assay results
- Prepare and order reagents and lab supplies
- May be required to perform other related duties as required and/or assigned
- BS Degree in biochemistry, microbiology, molecular biology, or related fields with 1-2 years of experience
- Strong background in molecular biology, biochemistry, and/or microbiology techniques
- Must have hands on experience in setting up PCR-based assay
- Ability to execute complex experiments with attention to details
- Experience with IVD assay development and Design Control process is a plus
- Ability to prioritize and execute various tasks
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency, strong work ethics and a "can do" attitude
- Is curious, inquisitive, innovative, and strives to improve the status quo
- Willingness to take on challenges and changes as opportunities
- Collaborates with others in a team-oriented environment
- Follows Quality System requirements, safety rules and applicable regulations
- Embraces and leverages diversity of culture and thought
Works in a laboratory environment. Is required to lift up to 20 lbs. May be required to sit or stand for long periods of time while performing duties. Ability to work safely with hazardous chemicals and infectious agents. Willingness to work overtime and flexible schedule as needed is a plus.
Research Associate candidates please email resumes to: bioRA (at) apbiocode (dot) com