Applied BioCode, Inc. has combined “digital barcodes” with “immuno- and molecular chemistry” to create a new, bio-inspired Barcoded Magnetic Beads (BMB) technology. This patented BMB with biopolymer composites and multiple layers of structural configuration, allowing the barcode (4,096 available barcodes) to be easily scanned and accurately identified with no ambiguity. The biopolymer composites offer not only bio-compatibility, but also long term stability for immuno- and molecular chemistry. Furthermore, because the fluorescence is detected at a steady state, the variation of the fluorescent signal is minimal, which is crucial for quantitative assays, such as protein analysis. This breakthrough technology significantly improves the identification and throughput capacity of in-vitro diagnostics.
• Digital Multiplexing: Outperform analog (dye) multiplexing; no microflow cytometer is needed
• Universal Platform: for both proteins and nucleic acids
• Flexible Targets: Add-on more targets any time
• Speed: All-in-one assay
• Batch-to-Batch Consistency: well established and highly reproducible semiconductor process
• Low Fabrication Cost: BMB bio-polymer
• Low Assay Cost: Use ~1/100 of assay (protein) materials compared with conventional ELISA
Optically bar-coded beads are mass produced at low cost by well established semiconductor processes. These beads are functionalized with nucleic acids, proteins or other probe molecules, allowing highly multiplexed assays to be carried out in homogeneous or heterogeneous media.